24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 red pull-and-peel licorice
- 6 drops red food coloring
- 1 cup flaked coconut, divided
- 4 drops blue food coloring
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 24 cupcakes
- Assorted red and blue sprinkles, optional
- Cut each licorice twist into five pieces; pull apart one end of each
- to make firecracker fuses. Set aside.
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine 1/4 teaspoon water and red food
- coloring; add 1/2 cup coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint coconut.
- In another bag, combine 1/4 teaspoon water and blue food coloring;
- add remaining coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint.
- Spread whipped topping over cupcakes; decorate with coconut or
- sprinkles as desired. Insert firecraker fuses into tops. Refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.