Here’s the low down on how to do these party cookies!
~ How to make Margarita shaped Cookies ~
1. Outline the cookie with white thick consistency icing (think traditional toothpaste consistency), using a #2 tip.
2. Fill in the stem of the glass with white flood consistency (about the consistency of corn syrup, or shampoo), using a #2 tip. Fill the top portion of the glass with "Margarita", using flood consistency light green icing. Set cookie aside and allow to dry fully (6-8 hours, or overnight).
3. When the base icing is fully dry, add a line of thick consistency white icing around the rim of the glass (as shown above), and then immediately sprinkle with white sanding sugar. Shake off excess sugar, then allow cookie to dry (about 2 hours) before packaging.
~ How to make Lime shaped cookies ~
(also could be adjusted for lemon or orange slice cookies)
1. Outline the cookie in a green moderate consistency icing (somewhere between thick and thinned).
2. Fill in cookie with light green flood consistency icing.
3. Immediately dd white lines with a medium/flood consistency icing.
4. Add green dots for seeds, and drag a toothpick from the middle of the dot toward the center of the "fruit" just a bit to create a seed shape.